BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Eh gawsh, not so early please.



Admittedly, waking up during the second day of the competition was somewhat difficult. We had to wake up somewhere between 5:30 a.m to 6:30 a.m. Partially because our competition starts early, and also because we are suppose to "eat together" with every other group.

After eating burgers and drinking Milo, we headed up to the table tennis room. AIR-CON. That must have been the only place with that technology (in that particular school, I mean). Speaking of which, I still have not described the school yet.

光華獨中 Otherwise known as Kwang Hua High School

"It looks beautiful on the outside, and admittedly it is also beautiful inside. But there's the lack of cooling technology, a.k.a the air conditioner. Except for the table tennis hall, which thankfully needed it, unless they wanted the players to die."

Anyway, a lot of the players were practicing, so there were 4 players per table, which meant that 20 players can practice at once. However, it was extremely cramped up. But, if you want to practice, then you did have to share.

And then the competition(s) began (It's the round-robin kind), all the participants had to stop practicing to 'make way' for the competitors. And then me and my friend got the news, "HEY! You two are playing doubles!" (Doubles as in the way of playing, not the toy fox I know Yuan Fang is taking about). Gawds, I don't even remember the BASICS for playing doubles.

So me and the other girl failed epically in the doubles, but thankfully the rest played properly, so it was still okay. The senior group played extremely well. I think I will try and leave the school team and join the athletics society instead. At least I can put running to use in the classroom. =D

Quite a few people were running in and out of the table tennis hall to watch the others place basketball and volleyball. The rest were probably screaming, shouting, cheering, crying or more likely, sleeping. Ah well.

-------
Day 3 to be continued.
By, a fan of Sori1004jy, Wolfy.

0 comments: